Monday, May 21, 2018

Terry's dream of trekking to Everest Base Camp....comes true!


For years I have been fascinated with Mount Everest.  I have read books, and watched movies and documentaries that follow mountaineers to the summit of the highest mountain in the world.

I thought, "How cool would it be to somehow be able to visit the Base Camp where the climb to the summit begins!" I dreamed about this, and with Joyce's blessing to do this trip solo as it was not for her, I found a company right here in Colorado that would make my dream become a reality:  Ian Taylor Trekking.


His company offers many different treks around the world:  I chose the Sleeping in Everest Base Camp, which involves a 2-week trek up to an elevation of 18,800 feet and then spending one night in a tent at Base Camp at 17,800 feet.  http://iantaylortrekking.com/trek-asia/the-everest-region/everest-base-camp-trek/

The trip was over a year in the planning, during which time I watched almost every YouTube video I could find.  I purchased incredibly warm down jackets and sleeping bag; and most importantly, trained for the trek by hiking up and down our local Horsetooth Mountain 3-4 times a week with a backpack weighing at least 25 lbs.
Horsetooth Mountain, Fort Collins, CO

Soon it was time to start my adventure of a lifetime!


So, come along with me as I tell you the story of my Everest Base Camp adventure.

To continue, scroll down below the comment section and click on "Newer Post".



No comments:

Post a Comment